Community meeting: January 25, 2011

Held at:

  • 11:00:00 a.m. Tuesday January 25, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
  • 02:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 25, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
  • 07:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 25, 2011 in UTC

Last meeting's minutes: 2010-12-10

Log

Prior to the meeting

  • Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future

Agenda & Minutes

  1. (5 minutes) Introductions / roll call; paste ”/me is <name> <affiliation>” to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
  2. (2 min) Find a volunteers to:
    1. Run the meeting: Ben Shum
    2. Take minutes: Kathy Lussier
  3. (10 min) Review action items from last meeting
    1. Bill Erickson to let the community know when the repository (KCLS OPAC) is ready.
      • STATUS: Lisa Hill said on the list that KCLS was going to try to get the files in a public repo. Bill Erickson was unavailable, defer to next meeting.
    2. Kathy Lussier to forward the canonical list of links for each working group to Dan Scott / Anoop Atre to create drop-down entries in the evergreen-ils.org menu.
    3. Amy Terlaga to update http://evergreen-ils.org/calendar with the new meeting schedule for the Communications Committee.
      • STATUS: New Weekly Conf Call for Web Team is 2pm EST/11am PST on Thursdays. First Thursday of the month, we will address any pending Communications Committee matters. Lori Ayre has updated the calendar.
    4. Brian Feifarek offered to provide DIG with access to a 2.0 test server.
      • STATUS: Done. See here for more details. The server and acq.open-ils.org are still running RC1 and need to updated to RC3 since there have been a lot of box fixes.
      • Action: Brian Feifarek to update server to RC3, Jason Etheridge to update acq.open-ils.org to RC3.
      • Michael Peters has reorganized content on 2.0 Feature List page. He would like somebody to follow his lead for the acquisitions section since he isn't as familiar with acquisitions.
    5. Mike Rylander to post the rough plan for the release checklist to the General list so that we can refine the plan and work out who will do what.
      • Discussed during developer meetings.
        • New mailing list will be set up for future releases as soon as available.
        • Until then, release-related messages to the General list will adopt a subject of “RELEASE TEAM: ” to indicate its purpose.
        • STATUS: Reassigned to Ben Shum to post checklist information to the General list.
        • Ben Shum will send a reminder about the meeting to the mailing list.
        • Dan Scott will add the meeting to the Evergreen calendar.
          • STATUS: Done.
  4. (5 min) Communications committee
  5. (5 min) Website Team report and discussion.
  6. (5 min) Conference committee
    • The committee received 40 program proposals.
    • Registration is about to open and will be through Lyrasis.
    • The application for exhibitors/sponsors is on the web site http://pines.georgialibraries.org/evergreen2011/sponsor_info
    • Will discuss possibility of next year's conference allowing for presentation proposals to be open to the community to view and vote on.
  7. (5 min) Documentation Interest Group report
    • Next DIG meeting is planned for 2:30 p.m. EST in IRC. Current and future DIG members are encouraged to attend.
    • Beginnings of 2.0 documentation is available here.
    • The documentation site hosted at Mohawk College is having issues for some international users being able to access the site. Nobody in the meeting could help with the problem, so a message will be sent out to the list.
  8. (5 min) Reports Taskforce report [Ben Shum]
    • Last meeting on 1/12/11, see minutes here.
    • Next meeting is scheduled for February 9 at 2:30 p.m. EST.
    • The task force will be working on contributing materials for inclusion in DIG as soon as they can.
    • The committee also would like people to contribute more SQL reports. Send them along to Amy Terlaga, and she will post them to the web site.
  9. (5 min) Developer report
    • The developers have been meeting weekly (http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings), mostly focusing on 2.0.
    • They have set up a security mailing list to discuss security problems that might come up.
    • Post 2.0 discussion (e.g. new OPAC) has begun on the -dev mailing list.
    • Action: Dan Scott to add link to security mailing list to web contact / mailing list info.
  10. (5 min) Governance Committee report
    • Governance Committee met with Bradley Kuhn of the Software Freedom Conservancy.
    • Elizabeth McKinney will be official liaison to the conservancy and Dan Scott will serve as backup.
    • The committee agreed to donate 5% of funds that flow through Evergreen-earmarked account in the Conservancy.
    • Agreement could be finalized within the next couple of weeks. Once it's finalized, we need to set up a page on the web site about donations or funding.
  11. (5 min) Schedule next meeting: March 1, 2011. 11:00 a.m. in America/Los Angeles, 2:00 p.m. in Canada/Eastern, 7:00 p.m. in UTC.
community/meetings/2011-01-25.txt · Last modified: 2011/01/25 16:21 by klussier
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Debian Driven by DokuWiki

© 2008-2013 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy.