User Tools

Site Tools


dev:meetings:2011-01-11

Developer meeting: January 11, 2011

Held at:

  • 09:00:00 a.m. Tuesday January 11, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
  • 12:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 11, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
  • 04:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 11, 2011 in UTC

Last meeting: 2011-01-04

Agenda

Meeting takes place on IRC on the #evergreen channel on Freenode. See the Calendar for specific dates and times.

Logs and minutes

  • Minutes will be supplied in this document after the meeting finishes

Prior to the meeting

  • Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future

Meeting

  1. Determine the taker of minutes:
  2. Determine meeting leader:
    1. Dan Scott to continue working on his action items from previous meetings:
      1. Write release notes for OpenSRF 1.6.2
        • STATUS: Deferred
      2. Implement proper library versioning using autotools for Evergreen release.
    2. Mike Rylander to write release notes for Evergreen 1.6.1.5
      • STATUS: deferred
    3. Chris Sharp to respond to the feasibility of setting up an “anyone can post” moderated list made up of the LaunchPad security team members (http://markmail.org/message/5i4ijnutsxetxnyg)
    4. Adoption of the release checklist
      • Mike Rylander to propose a release coordination mailing list on -dev and -general
        • STATUS: deferred
        • ACTION: Dan Scott to pick up this task
      • From Community Meeting: Anoop Atre volunteers for “release-notes-writer” / “web-team-member” roles and Amy Terlaga volunteers for “communication-team-member” role.
    5. Mike Rylander to cut 1.6.2.1 release ASAP
      • STATUS: Done!
    6. Dan Scott to backport some authority work from trunk to address see / see from references (somewhat)
      • STATUS: Done! (with some more work in trunk attempting to address more nits)
    7. Mike Rylander to cut 2.0RC2 release after Dan's authority backports
      • STATUS: Done!
    8. Mike Rylander to create a bug (and possibly fix!) for moving custom index definitions around during upgrade to make room for the pinned-ID indexes added in stock 2.0
      • STATUS: Done(?) - Dan Scott added an approach that works with Conifer's 6 extra index definitions, including moving subject|complete back into slot 16
    9. James Fournie / SITKA to test 2.0RC2 and report back
      • STATUS: Not much chance to test yet, will report back later (ACTION: James Fournice to report back later)
    10. Mike Rylander to continue the “DVCS? and if so, which one and when and how?” discussion on the mailing list
      • STATUS: deferred
    11. Dan Scott to post a notice to the -dev mailing list to call for ideas and discussion about any other major infrastructure changes that we should consider for post-2.0
      • STATUS: In progress - message posted, response from Jason Etheridge adding another idea
    12. Dan Scott to post a notice to the -dev mailing list to find out if there's support / start planning for an extra day or two at the end of the conference for an in-person dev team meeting / planning session / coding session
      • STATUS: In progress - several positive responses (Bill Erickson, Jason Etheridge, …), need to nail down details (how long and where)
  1. Evergreen release status:
  2. 1.6.1.x (current release = 1.6.1.6)
  3. Bugs targeted to 1.6.1.6
  • This should have been 1.6.1.7 but we didn't follow this step in the release checklist (is this on the release checklist?)
  1. 1.6.2.x (current release = 1.6.2.1)
  2. Bugs targeted to 1.6.2.1
  3. 2.0
  • Bugs targeted to RC2
  • General interest in getting an RC3 cut ASAP
  • ACTION: Follow up on dbwells' proposed unit/call number schema change (initial reactions suggested a preference to keep it to 2.1, given the late state of 2.0)
  1. (2 min) Schedule next meeting
dev/meetings/2011-01-11.txt · Last modified: 2011/01/17 20:54 by dbs

© 2008-2014 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy.