14:00:35 <tspindler> #startmeeting 2017-06-15 - Evergreen Oversight Board Meeting
14:00:35 <pinesol_green> Meeting started Thu Jun 15 14:00:35 2017 US/Eastern.  The chair is tspindler. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:35 <pinesol_green> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00:35 <pinesol_green> The meeting name has been set to '2017_06_15___evergreen_oversight_board_meeting'
14:00:36 <hbrennan> ah, and now it's finally back up so I may hop off and back on here so I don't have to use this clunky laptop
14:00:51 <tspindler> #topic roll call
14:00:51 <tspindler> Use the #info command stating name and affiliation
14:01:02 <tspindler> #info tspindler is Tim Spindler (C/W MARS)
14:01:13 <rgagnon> #info rgagnon is Ron Gagnon, NOBLE
14:01:15 <gmcharlt> #info gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, Equinox, Release Manager and observer
14:01:17 <rfrasur> #info rfrasur is Ruth Frasur (Hagerstown Library/Evergreen Indiana)
14:01:20 <scottthomas> #info scottthomas is Scott Thomas (PaILS)
14:01:21 <hbrennan> #info hbrennan is Holly Brennan, Homer Public Library AK
14:01:27 <terran_> #info terran_ is Terran McCanna, PINES
14:01:29 <afterl> #info afterl is Amy Terlaga, Bibliomation
14:02:01 <tspindler> Agenda is here https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2017-6-15
14:02:05 <collum> #info collum is Garry Collum, Kenton County Public Library
14:02:42 <tspindler> #info minutes from last meeting http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2017/evergreen.2017-05-18-14.00.html
14:02:51 <tspindler> Any comments or corrections?
14:02:53 <miker> #info miker = Mike Rylander, EOLI
14:03:19 <rgagnon> Yes, a clarification on the last item, where we moved $184 but paid $28 might be good.
14:03:56 <tspindler> Terran, do you know how to correct the minutes?
14:04:16 <terran_> No - it's all auto-generated
14:04:27 <miker> can we just accept a change in this months?
14:04:33 <tspindler> i think so
14:04:40 <rfrasur> Miker, I'd say yes.
14:04:53 <tspindler> can we have a motion to accept the changes proposed by rgagnon?
14:05:02 <rfrasur> since it's gonna be auto generated this month as well, if there's a clarification made here.
14:05:59 <scottthomas> #info I move to accept the minutes with the changes proposed by rgagnon.
14:06:09 <tspindler> second?
14:06:16 <miker> seconded
14:06:24 <tspindler> #info miker seconded
14:06:30 <terran_> I think we need to include the change in the info tag in order for it to be included in the autogenerated minutes
14:06:37 <miker> sorry, I'll #info in the future
14:07:26 <terran_> rgagnon could you put your clarification into an info tag?
14:07:34 <tspindler> #startvote Correct 5-18-17 minutes to recognize $28 was paid not $184? Yes, No, Abstain
14:07:34 <pinesol_green> Begin voting on: Correct 5-18-17 minutes to recognize $28 was paid not $184? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:07:34 <pinesol_green> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:07:50 <miker> #vote yes
14:07:53 <collum> #vote yes
14:07:53 <terran_> #vote Yes
14:07:56 <hbrennan> #vote yes
14:07:57 <tspindler> #vote yes
14:07:57 <scottthomas> #vote Yes
14:08:08 <rfrasur> #vote yes
14:08:13 <rgagnon> I don't recall the exact detail -- were there several things on the slip that was submitted?
14:08:19 <rfrasur> and has a clarification been made?
14:08:41 <tspindler> #endvote
14:08:41 <pinesol_green> Voted on "Correct 5-18-17 minutes to recognize $28 was paid not $184?" Results are
14:08:41 <pinesol_green> Yes (7): tspindler, rfrasur, miker, terran_, collum, scottthomas, hbrennan
14:08:56 <tspindler> It seems this should be adequate?
14:09:03 <rfrasur> Okay
14:09:09 <rgagnon> Okay
14:09:19 <terran_> I think so
14:09:22 <miker> the full log is recorded, so I think it's fine
14:09:34 <tspindler> #topic Report of the Chair
14:09:51 <tspindler> #info nothing to report from the chair
14:10:12 <tspindler> #topic Financial report
14:10:31 <tspindler> #info financial report at https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=governance:financials:update_2017_06_15
14:10:39 <tspindler> Any comments or questions?
14:11:37 <tspindler> Ok moving on
14:11:40 <tspindler> #topic SFC Updates (Amy Terlaga)
14:12:02 <afterl> Yes ...
14:12:15 <afterl> On May 31st I contacted Karen Sandler of the SFC to formally let her know that the Evergreen Oversight Board was exploring alternatives to the SFC.  I explained that this process would take, if all went well, until the Spring of 2018.  I thanked her for all of their work in this partnership.
14:12:27 <afterl> Karen replied that if there was anything that they could do to aid the transition, they were there to help.
14:12:36 <terran_> Thank you, Amy!
14:12:39 <afterl> Any questions?
14:12:48 <afterl> terran:  You're welcome
14:13:12 <tspindler> afterl: do we have signed contract for 2018 conference now?
14:13:26 <tspindler> maybe that is better for conference item
14:13:30 <afterl> tspindler:  you're stealing my thunder
14:13:51 <afterl> Yes, let's wait.
14:14:07 <tspindler> ok, any other questions for afterl?
14:14:31 <tspindler> #topic Release Manager (Galen Charlton)
14:15:17 <gmcharlt> #info Security releases for 2.10.x, 2.11.x, and 2.12.x made last month
14:15:36 <terran_> gmcharlt++
14:15:40 <gmcharlt> #info The Feedback Fest experiment seemed successfully, and will be repeated in August
14:16:18 <gmcharlt> #info Various bugfixes are steadily making their way into master, but bigger merges of new features are anticipated to occur in July and August
14:16:29 <gmcharlt> i.e., a whole pile-o-stuff
14:16:59 <gmcharlt> and that's my update, unless there are questions
14:17:06 * kmlussier will remember to to highlight "whole pile-o-stuff" in her 3.0 press release. :)
14:17:08 <tspindler> gmcharlt++
14:17:12 <rfrasur> sounds like that should be a technical term "pile-o-stuff"
14:17:28 <gmcharlt> rfrasur: they're in the bag next to the jar of tuits
14:17:29 <tspindler> It looks like the web client has made a lot of progress, correct?
14:17:48 <rfrasur> gmcharlt: of course.  where else would they be?
14:18:08 <gmcharlt> indeed, and I'm still feeling comfortable that the primary release goal of 3.0 (webstaff in full production) will be met
14:18:34 <tspindler> any other questions for gmcharlt?
14:18:44 <scottthomas> gmcharlt++
14:18:49 <terran_> gmcharlt++
14:18:58 <rgagnon> gmcharlt++
14:19:02 <terran_> I'm going to miss the duck trivia.
14:19:14 <collum> gmcharlt++
14:19:32 <tspindler> #topic SFC Membership Review
14:19:46 <tspindler> Sharon could not make this meeting so she asked me to provide an update.
14:20:49 <tspindler> #info Sharon is spearing the effort to send a survey tool to the organizations that offered their names to server as host similar to SFC for the Evergreen project
14:21:05 <tspindler> #info in the interest of full disclosure, C/W MARS submitted its name
14:21:48 <tspindler> #info Sharon has developed a questioneer for each organization to respond to and she will send this out
14:22:32 <tspindler> Any questions?
14:22:41 <terran_> That sounds great. Do we have a projected timeline for the questionaire?
14:23:19 <tspindler> Not yet. Sharon is handling everything since the other task force members belong to organizations that submitted their name
14:24:30 <tspindler> Other questions?  Also, if you have any specific questions or concerns, you can send them to Sharon also.
14:25:31 <rfrasur> Thanks to everyone for their work on this.
14:25:39 <tspindler> time to give afterl her thunder back
14:25:41 <tspindler> #topic 2018 Conference Committee Report (Amy Terlaga)
14:25:46 <afterl> 2018 Conference Update - we are close to having both contracts signed for the conference venue.  The St. Charles Convention Center contract is signed.  The dates of the conference will be April 30-May 3 (Mon-Thurs).  The Embassy Suites  Hilton contract had listed the wrong room blocks so we are in the process of correcting that.  Once both contracts are signed, the MOBIUS conference team will make the announcement on the list.
14:26:00 <afterl> Oh, and both Terran and Garry have agreed to serve on the conference committee.  Very good news there.
14:26:00 <afterl> Any questions?
14:26:03 <tspindler> #info 2018 Conference Update - we are close to having both contracts signed for the conference venue.  The St. Charles Convention Center contract is signed.  The dates of the conference will be April 30-May 3 (Mon-Thurs).  The Embassy Suites  Hilton contract had listed the wrong room blocks so we are in the process of correcting that.  Once both contracts are signed, the MOBIUS conference team will make the announcement on th
14:26:29 <terran_> afterl++ thunder++
14:26:36 <afterl> ha ha
14:26:51 <afterl> It's going along.  Will be happy to get this part done.
14:27:09 <tspindler> is there a timeline yet for submitting program ideas or do you usually wait until all contracts are in place?
14:27:15 <rfrasur> Exciting :-)
14:27:28 <rgagnon> afterl++
14:27:36 <afterl> Right - that will be next on the list.  Actually establishing a web presence and then that
14:27:40 <tspindler> afterl++
14:27:42 <scottthomas> afterl++
14:27:44 <collum> afterl++
14:28:05 <tspindler> any other questions?
14:28:49 <tspindler> #topic Outreach Committee (Kathy Lussier)
14:29:43 <kmlussier> #info Outreach Committee has been promoting our Evergreen program at ALA.
14:29:51 <kmlussier> #link https://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-to-highlight-innovative-catalog-features-at-ala/
14:30:23 <kmlussier> We're also asking that people share this info with libraries in their consortium so that we can spread the word to Evergreen users who may not be on the mailing list.
14:30:43 <terran_> I sent it out to the PINES list
14:30:55 <kmlussier> terran_: Thanks!
14:31:05 <tspindler> will do I haven't done that
14:31:19 <kmlussier> That's all I have for today. We haven't met since the last EOB meeting.
14:31:22 <rgagnon> Already done at NOBLE
14:31:29 <scottthomas> I will do so.
14:31:42 <tspindler> kmlussier++
14:31:50 <tspindler> any other questions
14:31:52 <terran_> kmlussier++
14:31:58 <rgagnon> kmlussier++
14:32:08 <scottthomas> kmlussier++
14:32:56 <tspindler> #topic Old Business
14:33:11 <tspindler> I don't have any old business unless someone thought I missed something
14:33:32 <tspindler> #topic New Business
14:33:36 <tspindler> Any new business?
14:34:07 <terran_> I've moved the dates for the next bug squashing days -let me look them up
14:34:35 <terran_> #info The next Bug Squashing Week will be July 17-21
14:35:30 <tspindler> anything else?
14:36:07 <tspindler> Can I have a motion to adjourn?
14:36:22 <rgagnon> #Move to adjourn
14:36:38 <tspindler> Great, hope to see you in Chicago
14:36:48 <rfrasur> Thanks everyone.  Have a great afternoon.
14:36:52 <tspindler> #endmeeting