The Evergreen Community is pleased to announce the availability of the beta release for Evergreen 3.7. This release contains various new features and enhancements, including:
- Support for SAML-based Single Sign On
- Hold Groups, a feature that allows staff to add multiple users to a named hold group bucket and place title-level holds for a record for that entire set of users
- The Bootstrap public catalog skin is now the default
- “Did you mean?” functionality for catalog search focused on making suggestions for single search terms
- Holdings on the public catalog record details page can now be sorted by geographic proximity
- Library Groups, a feature that allows defining groups of organizational units outside of the hierarchy that can be used to limit catalog search results
- Expired staff accounts can now be blocked from logging in
- Publisher data in the public catalog display is now drawn from both the 260 and 264 field
- The staff catalog can now save all search results (up to 1,000) to a bucket in a single operation
- New opt-in settings for overdue and predue email notifications
- A new setting to allow expired patrons to renew loans
- Porting of additional interfaces to Angular, including Scan Item as Missing Pieces and Shelving Location Groups
Evergreen admins installing the beta or upgrading a test system to the beta should be aware of the following:
- The minimum version of PostgreSQL required to run Evergreen 3.6 is PostgreSQL 9.6.
- The minimum version of OpenSRF is 3.2.
- This release adds anew OpenSRF service,
- The release also adds several new Perl module dependencies,
- The database update procedure has more steps than usual; please consult the upgrade section of the release notes.
- The beta release should not be used for production.
Additional information, including a full list of new features, can be found in the release notes.