The Evergreen Community is pleased to announce the release of Evergreen 3.8.0. Evergreen is highly-scalable software for libraries that helps library patrons find library materials and helps libraries manage, catalog, and circulate those materials, no matter how large or complex the libraries. This release contains various new features and enhancements, including:
- Angular rewrites of several staff interfaces:
- Acquisitions administration
- Holdings maintenance and item attributes editor
- Patron triggered events log
- Item triggered events log
- A new option to make headings browsing case-insensitive
- A new interface for editing notes that are attached to bibliographic records
- Improvements to the staff interface for browsing bib records that are attached to a heading
- Patron notes, messages, alert messages, and standing penalties have been folded into a consolidated notes interface.
- New settings to control how the item price and acquisition cost are used to determine the item’s value for replacement
- Improvements to the dialogs used to override events in the checkout, items out, and renew items interfaces
- The patron photo URL can now be edited from the patron registration interface
- New settings for hold stalling based on the pickup library
- New settings for tuning the default pickup location that is applied when a hold request is placed by a staff member
- Stripe credit payments in the public catalog now use a newer API recommended by Stripe
- Cover images are now displayed in the My Account items checked out, check out history, holds, and holds history pages
- New reporting views, including item statistics andDewey call number blocks and ranges
Evergreen admins installing or upgrading to 3.8.0 should be aware of the following:
- The minimum version of PostgreSQL required to run Evergreen 3.6 is PostgreSQL 9.6.
- The minimum version of OpenSRF is 3.2.
- Debian Bullseye is now supported, while Debian Jessie is no longer supported
- The upgrade includes a regeneration of search suggestions. If you are experimenting with the case-insensitive browse feature, reindexing will also be required for any index that you change.
The release is available on the Evergreen downloads page. Additional information, including a full list of new features, can be found in the release notes.