Position: Member Support Technician
Location: Telecommute/Travel statewide, Pennsylvania
Organization: Pennsylvania Integrated Library System
Type of Position: Part-time / Hourly
Education Requirement: Technology certifications or degree
Experience: >1 year
Pennsylvania Integrated Library System (PaILS) is a non-profit membership organization that serves libraries and their patrons through a collaborative community by providing a hosted installation of a high quality open source integrated library system software that is cost-effective and promotes resource sharing among libraries statewide.
We are seeking people who are highly skilled, productive, self-motivated, and have a tendency to embrace change and automation through technology.
Successful candidates will work well independently and on teams using remote communication technology tools and in-person meetings to solve problems and implement ideas. PaILS staff keep up with current developments in technology and excel at customer service and support to help libraries thrive.
Position Description: Serve as the first line of contact on a remote support desk to receive, process, and evaluate requests for assistance with the use of the software.
Complete tasks in the hosted open source Evergreen ILS to support SPARK Libraries and growth of new PaILS members. Work independently and with vendor support to assist libraries with settings changes and updates. Create answers, training, and documentation for frequently asked questions to serve PaILS members.
1. Receive, sort, and prioritize support desk tickets with category and urgency. Answer support questions, collect needed data, and refer complex questions to vendor or team members.
2. Communicate with members. Answer questions and resolve issues by phone, email, or online meeting room, as well as in person.
3. Complete work and research for support tickets related to cover art, policy updates, account settings, notifications, and report templates. Create workflows and form responses for common topic support requests.
4. Offer online support and training events on request and regularly.
5. Create and present documentation and training content.
6. Update patron and item barcode standards quarterly.
7. Attend assigned committee, project, and migration meetings to take notes and offer assistance. Assist in on-boarding and migration of new libraries with attendance at Go Live Day.
8. Support migrations and special projects.
9. Attend professional development, training, conferences, and events.
1. Customer service attitude
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Working knowledge of library catalogs and library patron experience.
4. Quick learner, able to acquire knowledge of workflows and technologies.
5. Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to visit member library facilities, using one’s own vehicle.
Compensation: Hourly, $20-25; paid professional development.
How to Apply: To apply send cover letter and resume as a single .pdf via email with subject line Member Support Technician Application to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled; review will begin immediately.