Job Title: PINES Integrated Library System (ILS) Developer
Location: 2872 Woodcock Blvd #250 Atlanta, GA 30341
The PINES Integrated Library System (ILS) Developer will work with the PINES team at the Georgia Public Library Service, the PINES community and the Evergreen ILS community to develop and improve features of the open source Evergreen ILS software which support staff and patron needs and workflows. This will include core code development for new features, bug fixes, and enhancements, customization of specific features and interfaces for PINES, and migration of older interfaces to the current development framework.
This position will be essential in enabling the PINES team to meet the requirements of library systems that have yet to join PINES. This position will also be crucial in working with the Galileo Interconnected Libraries (GIL) to facilitate further collaboration between academic and public libraries.
- Take a lead role in the development projects identified by subject specialists on the PINES team as being of importance to PINES libraries and the Evergreen open source community.
- Responsible for coding, testing, debugging and documentation of bug fixes, enhancements and new features, utilizing multiple programming languages and development frameworks.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Collaborate with subject specialists on the PINES team, PINES library staff, and members of the greater Evergreen community to identify issues and technical specifications for projects.
- Coordinate with system administration staff and other team members to implement software features/fixes in test and production environments.
- Participate in open source communities and professional activities such as attending meetings, conferences or continuing education activities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience coding database-driven, browser-based applications
- 3-5 years of education and/or relevant experience working in a similar position with a portfolio of relevant projects
- MLS preferred
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies and frameworks:
JSON and XML-based web services
- Experience developing open source projects and participating in open source communities
- Experience working on accessible projects and accessibility remediation
- Experience working as a member of a remote or hybrid work organization
- Experience working in a library technology role or with library clients
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet design specifications, create and/or follow instructions and wireframes, and follow community development standards and practices.
- Experience with modern version control, testing, and continuous integration practices.
- Demonstrate close attention to detail, work iteratively, and give and receive feedback.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and quickly learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Effective communication skills, in person, by phone and email, and via remote platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work assignments within project scope and on schedule.
How to Apply:
Go to the USG Careers site: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM…
Search for “PINES or for job ID “257304″