Equinox is always looking for talented and dedicated folks to join our team. We are a small but passionate company based in Duluth, Georgia. Equinox is devoted to the support and development of open source software in libraries – specifically Evergreen, Koha, and FulfiLLment. We offer competitive pay, generous time off, full benefits, and profit sharing. We are a nonprofit here to support and advance libraries and open source – there is no venture capital interest influencing our decisions.
The Sales Executive is responsible for managing the sales process. This position will manage and secure sales opportunities to provide support and services for libraries, schools, and other cultural heritage institutions who desire to adopt open source technology solutions. Required in this position is a consistent ability to identify new clients, critically assess client needs, as well as invest in and manage relationships over a long sales cycle. Successful applicants will demonstrate exemplary strategic planning skills and strong time management techniques. Strategic positioning will be a collaborative effort with the executive management team; however, this position will hold primary responsibility for developing any identified opportunities.
- Establish, grow and maintain strategic relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Oversee the contract renewal process and invoicing, in conjunction with business personnel.
- Provide data to upper management on service opportunities, market trends and projected revenue.
- Maintain client relationships through email, phone and onsite visits.
- Record and document account relationships
- Attend and staff the sales floor at assigned tradeshows.
- Prepare RFI and RFP responses.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience managing client relationships
- A background in library automation or an equivalent industry
- Proven skills in software demonstration and sales.
- Experience managing an extended sales cycle from initial contact through RFP/Quote and purchase
- Strong listening skills and ability to translate client needs into concrete solutions
- Demonstrated industry knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Masters in Library and Information Science or equivalent years of experience in the library industry
- Experience with open source products and tools
Equinox offers awesome benefits such as family health, dental, and vision insurance, fully paid for by the company. We also provide a 401k plan, a profit-sharing plan, and a great place to work. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Please send your resume, 3 professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Equinox Open Library Initiative Inc.
Equinox Open Library Initiative Inc. is a nonprofit company engaging in literary, charitable, and educational endeavors serving cultural and knowledge institutions. As the successor to Equinox Software, Inc., the Initiative carries forward a decade of service and experience with Evergreen and other open source library software. At Equinox OLI we help you empower your library with open source technologies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com