Evergreen Community Job Postings
If you have a job you wish to post, please contact the Outreach Committee.
Job Title – Library Data Specialist
FULL TIME 2 year position About WLS The Westchester Library System (WLS) is a state-chartered, cooperative library system serving all 38 Westchester member public libraries and the county’s citizens. The Westchester Library System was established in 1958, and is one of 23 public library systems serving New York State’s public libraries. The mission of the Westchester Library System is to ensure that all residents have seamless access to excellent library service regardless of their location.
Summary of Duties:
Assist the Systems Librarian with the day-to-day duties that are associated with the maintenance of the ILS.
Generate statistical reports and provide them to system users.
Document and evaluate resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent issue reoccurrence.
Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, staff, and member library directors.
Perform other duties related to library services as needed to accomplish the goals of the department, division, and library.
Respond to staff support request dealings with the ILS using a help desk ticketing system in a timely manner.
Visit member libraries to assist with training and troubleshooting as needed. Position Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in related field and substantial relevant work experience, or six or more years equivalent combination of education and experience.
In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with an Integrated Library System (ILS) in a consortium environment, preferably Evergreen version 3.0 or higher.
Demonstrated understanding of client/server environment, and experience with software applications needed to administer application environments. This may include Microsoft Windows Server, UNIX/Linux, Oracle/SQL Server, XML, PNX, etc.
Knowledge of cataloging principles, including MARC and RDA, is desired.
Demonstrated proficiency and capabilities with personal computers and software, the Web, and library-relevant information technology applications. Working knowledge of standard computer office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint or other productivity software.
Broad knowledge of library business practices and expectations.
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Very strong customer service orientation.
Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures. Page 2 Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. To apply: Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and three professional references by November 30th to IT+JOBS@wlsmail.org with the position title included in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please. The Westchester Library System is located at 570 Taxter Road – Suite 400, Elmsford, NY 10523. For information about WLS, see http://www.westchesterlibraries.org.
Job Title: Database Analyst Associate – Evergreen Indiana Coordinator
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
About the Job:
The Evergreen Indiana Coordinator is tasked with ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium, recruitment and retention of membership, and seeking out new opportunities for consortium libraries to collaborate. Superior communication and technical support skills are required to keep up with the constantly changing project management environment. Community building by the Coordinator through positive reinforcement in communications, events, and trainings plays a significant role in maintaining excellent relationships among members. This position requires experience with the Evergreen ILS software, project management, and training development. This position is intended to support the IT systems and function of the Indiana State Library, and its initiatives throughout the state.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
Coordinate all activities relating to Evergreen Indiana and the Evergreen Integrated Library System, including but not limited to technical support, communications, training, bookkeeping, committee service, data management, event planning and oversight, and eindiana Digital Consortium management.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What We’re Looking For:
- Preferred: MLS or 5 years progressively more responsible work in a library
- Thorough familiarity with the Evergreen ILS (minimum of 3 years working with an Evergreen installation);
- Must be willing to relocate to Indianapolis area
What You’ll Need For Success:
- Working knowledge of systems design techniques, information technology equipment, operation and capabilities;
- Knowledge of Perl, PostgreSQL, Angular, HTML, CSS
- Advanced knowledge of information systems design principles;
- Advanced knowledge of application development software languages;
- Advanced knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development;
- Advanced knowledge of application development software tools;
- Advanced knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
- Advanced knowledge of both system and library applications and competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities of those systems;
- Ability to perform advanced problem solving and analytical analysis;
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing and ability to provide excellent customer service
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
If this is an Intermittent position, the position does not offer benefits and is limited to 180 working days in an eleven (11) month continuous period.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer