Are you going to ALA Midwinter in Boston this weekend? If so, we invite Evergreen users, enthusiasts, or those who are just interested in learning more about this great open-source library system to join us for a meetup this Saturday at Stan Getz Library, Berklee College of Music. The meetup is scheduled for 4:30 to 6 p.m. Saturday, January 9.
Here are some of the activities you can look forward to at the meetup
- We’ll look at some of the new features that have been added to Evergreen in the most-recent release.
- 2.10 Release Manager Galen Charlton will talk about plans for the March Evergreen release.
- We’ll share some community highlights from the past year.
- We’ll talk about any other Evergreen or open-source issues and questions that are on people’s minds.
There are two ways to get to the Stan Getz Library:
- Best option if coming from the convention center: Take the ALA Shuttle to the Sheraton Boston stop (Route 5). The bus will drop you off on Dalton St. Walk towards Belvidere Street, where you will take a right. Take a right when you reach Massachusetts Ave. The library is located on the right at 142 Massachusetts Avenue.
- Public transportation: Take the MBTA green line (B, C, or D) to the Hynes Convention Center stop. As you leave the subway station, take a left on Massachusetts Avenue. The library is located on the left at 142 Massachusetts Avenue.
We also have a Google map showing walking directions from both locations.
Since the school is still on break, the library is closed, but Yamil Suarez will be available to escort everyone to the meeting room. If nobody is at the door when you arrive, call Yamil at 617-748-2617.
Feel free to send any questions along to Kathy Lussier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at Midwinter!