NC Cardinal is a growing consortium providing access to Evergreen for approximately half of the public libraries throughout North Carolina. Our team located in Raleigh, close to the Research Triangle Park, in a beautiful part of the country. We’re looking to add another member to our expanding team to focus on project management. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
55% Project Management
· Works with the Program Manager, teammates, clients and vendors to design and implement ILS related projects from requirements gathering to completion. Assesses outcome and impact of projects.
· Communicates with Directors and staff of member libraries to understand their needs, explain functionality and configurability of ILS software and ensure satisfaction with project outcomes.
· Researches and tests the functionality of the Integrated Library System (ILS) and works with colleagues and community members to understand and document the functionality of the ILS.
· Administers organizational settings, circulation / hold policies, and other system configurations.
· Monitors resource sharing activities and assists member libraries with inquiries related to resource sharing policies and procedures
· Provides libraries with assistance with policies and implementation of the Student Access program
· Assists with process of migrating libraries into the consortium, helping to specify and explain configuration options and implement configuration decisions.
40% Technical Support
· Provides professional support and assistance to NC Cardinal member libraries. Troubleshoots and resolves support issues in an efficient manner.
· Responds to telephone calls, email and requests for help tickets, bug reporting, or technical support and refers issues to the appropriate NC Cardinal team member in a timely manner.
· Reports bugs to the larger Evergreen community and participates in development and bug patches of the Evergreen open source software.
· Acts as liaison between the libraries and vendors to resolve system performance issues.
· Serves as an expert resource and technical advisor to the NC Cardinal program.
· Provides training activities related to NC Cardinal functions and services.
· Creates documentation for program policies and procedures, including software functionality and internal policies and procedures.
· Works with the Cardinal team to administer union catalog of public library collections; including technical assistance, continuing education, and resource sharing.
· Monitors daily operations of the NC Cardinal system.
· Evaluates programs and services regularly; identifies unmet needs.
5% Community Engagement
· Seeks resources/opportunities for staff training to enhance technical skills.
· Supports networks and task forces when necessary to facilitate the accomplishment of NC Cardinal goals.
· Attends seminars, conferences, job-related training and other staff development programs, and serves on committees and task forces; shares new knowledge with library development team through emails, meetings and in-house training opportunities.
· Participates in larger library and Evergreen community; presents at local, state, and national conferences and workshops.
· Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals, and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences; applies trends and technologies where appropriate.
· Monitors communications from outside sources as well as throughout the NC Cardinal system, and disseminates as appropriate.
· Establishes and maintains relationships by participating in state and national committees.
· Participates as a library development team member to establish and accomplish division goals and objectives.
Apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/2708248/nc-cardinal-project-manager