The Evergreen Oversight Board represents the interests of the Evergreen Project to Conservancy and is responsible for assisting Conservancy on enforcing the Evergreen trademark and discussing
- Issues escalated from a committee or other subgroup in the Project that has reached an impasse but requires a decision by informed consensus.
- Issues that do not fall into the purview of any of the established committees or other subgroups, but requires a decision by informed consensus.
- Issues of strategic, as opposed to tactical, importance for the Project that require leadership and vision from above the team or subproject level to achieve
- Sensitive legal or personnel issues which require research and discussion to protect the interests of the Project.
The Board is elected by annual vote by members of the Evergreen Project, namely those who have made direct contributions to Evergreen code, documentation, or committees or those who are employed by institutions running Evergreen.
Meetings are currently held in the #evergreen IRC channel on the Freenode network. They are normally held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. EDT, 11 a.m. PDT, 18:00 UTC. All interested parties are welcome to observe the meetings.
Minutes from previous meetings can be found here.
The main mailing list of the Board is open to all interested parties. There is also exists a private mailing list that includes representatives of Conservancy, for the purpose of discussing sensitive topics.
- Current mailing list archives and sign-up page
- Archives of the predecessor to the eg-oversight-board mailing list
Current Board members
As of May 4, 2018, the current Board members are
|Name||Affiliation||Board position||Term ends|
|Jason Boyer||Evergreen Indiana||2021|
|Holly Brennan||Homer Public Library||2020|
|Garry Collum||Kenton County Public Library||2019|
|Ron Gagnon||North of Boston Library Exchange||2019|
|Anna Goben||Evergreen Indiana||2021|
|Terran McCanna||Georgia Public Library Service (PINES)||Secretary||2019|
|Mike Rylander||Equinox Software||Chair||2019|
|Scott Thomas||Pennsylvania Integrated Library System (PaILS)
Past Board members
The following individuals have served on the Board or its predecessor, the Governance Committee.
|Lori Ayre||Galecia Group||2011-2013|
|Shauna Borger||Indiana State Library||2013-2014|
|Andrea Buntz Neiman||Kent County Public Library (Maryland)||2013-2016|
|Galen Charlton||Equinox Software||2011-2014|
|Jim Corridan||Indiana State Library||2011-2013|
|Grace Dunbar||Equinox Software||2014-2017|
|Ruth Frasur||Hagerstown – Jefferson Township Library, Evergreen Indiana||2015-2018|
|Rogan Hamby||York County Library (South Carolina) and SC LENDS||2012-2015|
|Sharon Herbert||British Columbia Libraries Cooperative / SITKA||2015-2018|
|Ben Hyman||British Columbia Libraries Cooperative||2012-2015|
|Kathy Lussier||Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative||2012-2015|
|Elizabeth McKinney||Georgia Public Library Service||2011-2014|
|Jed Moffitt||King County Library System||2011-2012|
|Michele Montague||Grand Rapids Public Library (Michigan)||2011-2012|
|Chauncey Montgomery||Sunbury Community Library (Ohio)||2013-2016|
|Dan Scott||Laurentian University and CoffeeCode||2011-2013|
|Chris Sharp||Georgia Public Library Service||2014-2016|
|Tim Spindler||C/W MARS||2015-2018|
|Yamil Suarez||Berklee College of Music||2013-2016|
|Scott Thomas||Pennsylvania Integrated Library System (PaILS)||2017-2019|
|Steve Wills||Beyond Print||2011-2014|
Standing Conference Committee
As of June 21, 2018, the current Standing Conference Committee members are:
- Garry Collum, Kenton County Public Library (Co-Chair)
- Terran McCanna, PINES (Co-Chair)
- Jason Boyer, Evergreen Indiana
- Debbie Luchenbill, MOBIUS
- Amy Terlaga, Bibliomation