It is with great pleasure that I announce the official release of Evergreen 2.3.0.
Links to the source code, staff client, and documentation can be found at http://evergreen-ils.org/
Some highlights from this release:
- A significant staff client upgrade to support newer versions of XULRunner.
- Kid’s Catalog
- A whole slew of TPAC features and fixes (CSS templates, bookbag interface enhancements, locale picker, and much more).
- A number of acquisitions features, including EDI invoicing, enriched EDI orders, and numerous enhancements to the invoicing process.
- New faster holds pull list
- And more! — the release was composed of 538 commits across 26 different authors.
Some aspects of this release cycle make it unique and are, I think, important signs of continuing maturity of the software and the community.
- This is the first release using the new time-based Sept / March release schedule.
- This is the first release to benefit from electing a release manager (yours truly) in the early stages of the release.
- During this release cycle, we introduced development-time release notes, helping us avoid the last-minute rush to compile release notes.
Special thanks to everyone who had a hand in coding, documenting, testing, poking, prodding, sponsoring development, providing candy / soft drinks, and generally helping in keeping Evergreen moving forward. We couldn’t do it without you.