We are pleased to announce the release of Evergreen 2.9.7 and 2.10.6, both bugfix releases.
Evergreen 2.9.7 fixes the following issues:
- The claims never checked out counter on the patron record is now incremented correctly when marking a lost loan as claims-never-checked-out.
- When a transit is canceled, the copy’s status is changed only if its status was previously “In Transit”.
- Retrieving records with embedded holdings via SRU and Z39.50 is now faster.
- The hold status message in the public catalog now uses better grammar.
- The error message displayed when a patron attempts to place a hold but is prevented from doing so due to policy reasons is now more likely to be useful.
- The public catalog now draws the edition statement only from the 250 field; it no longer tries to check the 534 and 775 fields.
- Embedded schema.org microdata now uses “offeredBy” rather than “seller”.
- The ContentCafe added content plugin now handles the “fake” ISBNs that Baker and Taylor assigns to media items.
- Attempting to renew a rental or deposit item in the public catalog no longer causes an internal server error.
- Various format icons now have transparent backgrounds (as opposed to white).
- The staff client will no longer wait indefinitely for Novelist to supply added content, improving its responsiveness.
- A few additional strings are now marked as translatable.
Evergreen 2.10.6 fixes the same issues fixed in 2.9.7, and also fixes the following:
- Those stock Action Trigger event definitions that send email will now include a Date header.
- Prorating invoice charges now works again.
- A performance issue with sorting entries on the public catalog circulation history page is fixed.
- Various style and responsive design improvements are made to the circulation and holds history pages in the public catalog.
- The public catalog holds history page now indicates if a hold had been fulfilled.
Evergreen 2.10.6 also includes updated translations. In particular, Spanish has received a huge update with over 9,000 new translations, Czech has received a sizable update of over 800 translations, and additional smaller updates have been added for Arabic, French (Canada), and Armenian.
Please visit the downloads page to retrieve the server software and staff clients.