The Evergreen Community is pleased to announce the release of Evergreen 3.7.0. Evergreen is highly-scalable software for libraries that helps library patrons find library materials and helps libraries manage, catalog, and circulate those materials, no matter how large or complex the libraries.
Evergreen 3.7.0 is a major release that includes the following new features of note:
- Support for SAML-based Single Sign On
- Hold Groups, a feature that allows staff to add multiple users to a named hold group bucket and place title-level holds for a record for that entire set of users
- The Bootstrap public catalog skin is now the default
- “Did you mean?” functionality for catalog search focused on making suggestions for single search terms
- Holdings on the public catalog record details page can now be sorted by geographic proximity
- Library Groups, a feature that allows defining groups of organizational units outside of the hierarchy that can be used to limit catalog search results
- Expired staff accounts can now be blocked from logging in
- Publisher data in the public catalog display is now drawn from both the 260 and 264 field
- The staff catalog can now save all search results (up to 1,000) to a bucket in a single operation
- New opt-in settings for overdue and predue email notifications
- A new setting to allow expired patrons to renew loans
- Porting of additional interfaces to Angular, including Scan Item as Missing Pieces and Shelving Location Groups
Evergreen admins installing or upgrading to 3.7.0 should be aware of the following:
- The minimum version of PostgreSQL required to run Evergreen 3.6 is PostgreSQL 9.6.
- The minimum version of OpenSRF is 3.2.
- This release adds anew OpenSRF service,
- The release also adds several new Perl module dependencies,
- The database update procedure has more steps than usual; please consult the upgrade section of the release notes.