The Evergreen community is proud to announce the release of Evergreen 3.4.0. Evergreen is highly-scalable software for libraries that helps library patrons find library materials and helps libraries manage, catalog, and circulate those materials, no matter how large or complex the libraries.
Evergreen 3.4.0 is a major release that includes the following new features of particular note:
- Integrated carousels for the public catalog
- Billings and payments can now be aged, allowing the link between a patron and their billings to be severed when a circulation is aged.
- A new feature for generating print content via a server-side web service is now available that allows for centralized management of print templates.
- The Booking module has been redesigned with most of its interfaces rewritten in Angular. This redesign adds
- The ability to edit reservations in many screens
- A new notes field for the reservations record
- A calendar view in the Create Reservations Interface
- A number of improvements in cataloging, including
- A new ‘Cancel Edit’ button in the record merge interface
- The ability to export records from a staff catalog record basket
- Additional options for controlling the overlay of items during MARC Batch Import/Export
- The Physical Characteristics Wizard now displays both code and label for coded values
- A number of circulation improvements, including
- Enhancements to the Mark Item functions
- A new Action Trigger notification is available for when a patron exceeds their fines and fees limit
- A new permission to control whether a staff user can create pre-cats
- Improvements to the Billing Details screen
- Various improvements to the experimental Angular staff catalog, including
- A new record holds tab
- Support for call number browsing
- Support for storing a list of recent searches
- Support for named catalog search templates, allowing staff to create predefined searches
- A new flat text MARC editor
- A variety of staff client interfaces have been rewritten in Angular, including
- The Organizational Units and Org Unit Types administration pages
- The Permission Group administration page
- The Standing Penalties administration page
- A number of Local Administration pages
- A number of improvements have been made to Angular grids in the staff interface, including
- support for filtering grid contents per-column
- making the grid header for long/tall grids sticky
- It is now possible to configure LDAP authentication to allow a user’s institutional/single-sign-on username to be different from their Evergreen username.
- A new mechanism for defining configurable APIs for patron authentication, allowing external services to more flexibly and securely use Evergreen to authenticate users.
Evergreen 3.4.0 requires PostgreSQL 9.6 or later and OpenSRF 3.2.0 or later.
The Evergreen community is also pleased to announce the release of OpenSRF 3.2.0, which adds support for Debian 10 Buster and removes support for the deprecated Apache WebSockets backend. For more information on the OpenSRF release, please consult its release notes.
Evergreen 3.4.0 and OpenSRF 3.2.0 include contributions from at least 32 individuals and 16 institutions.