The release candidate of Evergreen 3.0 is now available for testing from the downloads page.
The release candidate includes various bugfixes and improvements, including
- Fixing the ability to record credit card payments in the web staff client.
- Improvements to the upgrade script.
- Several other fixes; the complete list can be found on Launchpad.
Evergreen 3.0 will be a major release that includes:
- community support of the web staff client for production use
- serials and offline circulation modules for the web staff client
- improvements to the display of headings in the public catalog browse list
- the ability to search patron records by date of birth
- copy tags and digital bookplates
- batch editing of patron records
- better support for consortia that span multiple time zones
- and numerous other improvements
For more information on what’s coming in Evergreen 3.0.0, please read the updated draft of the release notes.
Users of Evergreen are strongly encouraged to use the release candidate to test new features and the web staff client; bugs should be reported via Launchpad. General release of 3.0.0 is scheduled for Tuesday, 3 October.
Evergreen admins installing the release candidate or upgrading a test system to it should be aware of the following:
- OpenSRF 3.0.0-alpha is the minimum required version of OpenSRF.
- The minimum version of PostgreSQL required to run Evergreen 3.0 is PostgreSQL 9.4.
- Evergreen 3.0 requires that the
open-ils.qstoreservice be active.
- SIP2 bugfixes in Evergreen 3.0 require an upgrade of SIPServer to be fully effective.
- There is no database upgrade script to go from 3.0-beta2 to 3.0-rc. We recommend testing an upgrade by starting from a 2.12 test system.